Last week I had to teach the law of chastity in Sunday School. The Assistants were there with 2 investigators, one of whom is great but can't meet with them hardly ever. Elder Washenko said that the lesson was good enough that they committed him to live the law after class and think I should teach the Plan of Salvation next week so they can do it again. Aughhhhhh! I've had my Preach My Gospel book open since Monday but haven't got any studying done so tonight is the night I have to get started. I'm nervous (mostly to teach in from of the Elders) but I AM a missionary so it would be good if I did something missionaryish. Also Break the Fast so I'll make broccoli salad again.
love, Mom
Dad:
We are beginning to be a little more relaxed around the office, with computer, and knowing what to do next without looking at our notes all the time. We have closed 5 apartments and opened 5 more, which means among other things, starting up auto-pay for the new apts., and stopping autopay for the old rents. Allso starting up auto pay for gas, elec. and water, as well as moving phones, stopping some and starting others, collecting security deposits on closed apts. Getting new contracts drawn up and signed, and handing out new security deposits, as well as reimbursing missionaries for utility payments they make for their apartments, their travel expenses, faxing of baptismal records, apartment expenses like belts for dryers and washers, new microwaves or refrigerators, pots, pans, phone cards, postage ;and hospital/dr. visits, etc. I also make up the payroll for the missionaries and keep track of their credit cards, order new ones when lost and cancel the old ones, pay the landlords rent, bus, copymachine, office supplies, petty cash for whatever is needed that week, and keep our Excel spread sheets up-to-date with new and returning missionaries, looking at the bank payments for utilities and phones, sending weekly and monthly financial records to the Taipei service center, and other little things that crop up every day. It is almost fun once you start to know how to do things on your own, and especially when you do something right the first time and don't have to back track and start all over.
We have a great office Elder, Elder Chen Hung Chung, and Elder Kyle Evans, both over 25, who both speak Chinese, {Elder Chen is Taiwanese, and knows how to do everything relating to interacting with the vendors, utility companies, landlords, etc. He also records all referrals for people who need to be contacted by the missionaries, and all baptismal records. He and Elder Evans are whizzes on the computer and with Word and Excel, so they are constantly coming to my and Sister Dowse's (your mom) aid about every half hour.
Anyhow, now I've put in my two cents for the day. By the way, our office elders track from 6:30-9:00 P.M., in an area about 1 mile away, then return and work in the office until 11 P.M.
They also run for 1/2 hr. at least 2X a wk, and occasionally move a few mountains just to find something to do in their spare time, which is about 30 seconds a day between 6:30 A.M. and 11 P.M.,unless something comes up and they need to burn the midnight oil.
Will sign off before this computer quits and I lose everything.
Love, Elder Dowse (dad)
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment